Sunday 13 March 2011

"New" Music #2

Continuing my expansion of my music collection and hopefully an increase in my musical knowledge, appreciation and maturity - see previous post.

So the latest selection I have purchased and been listening are listed below, as ever let me know what you think.

Beautiful South - Quench and Blue is the Colour (1998 and 2001) - 50p each - 2 stars
Wonderfully crafted lyrics and with interesting melodies and rhythms BUT I just didn't get into these songs. I just didn't get caught up on any of the hooks.

Lily Allen - Alright, Still (2007) - 50p - 2 stars
Lily's voice is catchy and the tunes are very rhythmic but the topic of the songs seem to be all the same and worst of all I think Kate Nash does the same type of songs but twic as good.

The Proclaimers - The Best Of... (87-02) - 50p - 3 stars
All their great hits - Letter to America, 500 Miles, Sunshine on Leith - but also quite a few other excellent tunes and covers. OK a few duff tunes but with 20 tracks you definitely get 12 tracks that are really good.

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (2002) - 99p - 3 stars
Norah's wonderful voice and the relaxing mix of guitar, soft drums and piano is lovely.  Music to sit and listen to, walk along on with it on a summers day or just in the background as you potter around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment