Thursday 27 August 2015

Pride

"Pride, what is it good for..." Is pride good for anything other than leading one towards a fall?
definition - Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness.

I wonder how many things I would have done differently or even some things I would have either attempted or steered clear of if it wasn't because my pride got in the way.

There are of course good things to be proud of - family, children, achieving those goals like starting a business from scratch or running a marathon, we can have the right sort of pride in our country, company or community.
definition - Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association.

Without some degree of both personal and corporate pride surely we run the danger of being either self loathing and/or destructive to those around us.

I recently broke through a bit of a pride barrier by doing something that I was sure wouldn't get a positive response and possibly create a very awkward situation but doing it anyway. Happily things worked out but I so very nearly chickened out.

Maybe the most important thing to remember is that in the right measure pride is no bad thing. We should have care enough for ourselves that we can accept as the song goes "I am what I am" whatever that may be.
definition - a sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

I am proud of many things I have been involved with over the years - seeing how my two girls have grown into beautiful young women, having the fortune along with some skill and hardwork to have had several careers in a variety of work environments, playing a small part in some big events, supporting some people who needed help at difficult times.

And I am proud to be me.

I hope you are proud to be you because there is no one else like you.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment